FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System
Q. Can I apply for all Davidson Institute programs through the Online Application System?
Parents and applicants can use the Online Application System to access the following applications: Davidson Young Scholars, the Davidson Fellows scholarship, the THINK Summer Institute and The Davidson Academy of Nevada.
Q. How do I access the Online Application System?
Please visit the following pages to access the link:
Q. I have already applied for a different Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System. Can I use the same login information?
- Davidson Young Scholars How to Apply page (rolling deadline of the 1st of every month)
- Davidson Academy How to Apply page (application open August through March for following school year)
- Davidson Fellows How to Apply page (application open November through February)
- THINK Summer Institute How to Apply page (application open November through March)
Yes. If you are a parent who is applying for one or more students, please use your Parent account to either apply again for the same child or add additional children to your dropdown choices. If you are an Applicant/Student applying for multiple Davidson Institute programs or re-applying, please use the same login information to apply for any of our programs, including The Davidson Academy.Q. Which web browsers can be used with the Online Application System? To use the Online Application System, applicants must use the latest version of major web browsers, including Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- If using Internet Explorer, make sure you are using version 8.0 or later, your resolution is set to 1024 x 768 or higher, and don't turn on compatibility mode. For instructions on how to determine which version of IE you are using, click here. To download the latest version of Internet Explorer, click here.
- If using Firefox, make sure you are using version 18 or later. For instructions on how to determine which version you are using, click here. To download the latest version of Firefox, click here.
- If using Google Chrome make sure you are using version 24 or later. Google Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a new version of the browser is available. To check if you are using the most-recently updated version of Google Chrome, click here.
Q. Can I use a tablet to access the Online Application System? Tablets, such as iPads, are not supported and cannot be used to apply. However, tablets may be used if completing a Parent Form or Nominator Form.
- If using Safari make sure you are using version 5.1.0 or later. For instructions on how to determine which version you are using, click here. If using Safari on a Mac, to download the latest version, click here. If using Safari on Windows, to download the latest version, click here.
Q. How do I turn off compatibility mode if I am using Internet Explorer as my web browser?
To make sure you are not in compatibility mode, please view this page.
Q. How do I log in to the system to start applying?
For first-time applicants, click on the link to the Online Application System which will take you to the login/registration screen. Click on Register.
If you are a Parent applying on behalf of your child(ren), please click on the Parent option on the registration screen. Once you complete the registration page, you must complete information and the birthdate for the student(s) applying.
If you are the Applicant/Student, please click on that option and create one login account to use if you wish to apply for one or more Davidson programs.
All users, please save your username, password and security answer. You will need your username and password to log back into the system. If you forget your password, you can click on "Forgot Your Password?" from the login screen, but you must know your username and security answer in order to recover your password.
Q. How do I navigate through the application?
Use the top, orange arrow graphics to move forward or backward through the various application screens. If "Submit" is the text displayed next to the arrow and you click it, then your application (or that portion of the application if you are in Section 1 of the Fellows process) will be officially submitted and you will not be able to make any additional edits. Your information will save each time you click the top, right navigation arrow.
Q. What if I receive a Server Error screen while I am in the Online Application System and have to close out?
The majority of server errors are from a session timeout error. If you are logged into the Online Application System and there is no new information submitted within a 60 minute timeframe, then your session will time out and you will receive a server error. Then, you will need to close out of the system and log back in. The system saves information when you click on the top arrow buttons. If you have not clicked on the top arrow button, it will not save the information you have input on that specific screen. Therefore, we recommend typing and saving your responses to open-ended questions in another program before pasting the text into the Online Application System.
Q. Will I be receiving any email notifications after I apply through the Online Application System?
Yes, you will be receiving email notifications and prompts from our email server. If you do not receive these emails after applying, your mail server may be identifying some of our email as spam. If these emails are in your spam folder, enable your anti-spam and parental control software to accept email from *@davidsongifted.org. Depending on the type of email service you use, please check your Bulk/Junk mail folder and add *@davidsongifted.org to your list of safe emails.
Video Upload FAQs for Davidson Fellows and Young Scholars applicants
Q. For the video portion of the application process, which type of video format and what file size may I upload?
You must upload a .WMV file that is 75MB or smaller. Please visit our video help page for information about how to compress a video to a smaller file size.
Q. I am having difficulties uploading my video. What should I do?
First, please read our video help page. If you are still having problems, please email email@example.com.
Q. I am using a Mac - how do I convert a MOV file to a WMV?
This video may be useful. When finished, your video may contain a watermark, which is acceptable and will not affect the judging process.
Email this Page