Educators Guild - Presentations
Educators Guild members have presented at conferences, for parent groups and for teacher in-service training both via Skype and on-site. Below are sample presentations from our library. If you would like more information, please contact us at EdGuild@DavidsonGifted.org.
- Accommodations for the Gifted Child in the Regular Classroom (PDF Presentation for Educators) Topics covered in this presentation include characteristics of giftedness, manifestations of the gifted child in the regular classroom, accommodations, and FREE resources and ideas for teachers.
Supplemental PDFs from Differentiation that Really Works: Grades 3 – 5 - Page 9, Page 119
Supplemental PDF from Methods and Materials for Teaching the Gifted - Page 163
Supplemental PDFs from Differentiating Instruction in the Regular Classroom - Page 87, Page 142
- Battling the Myths in Gifted Education (PDF Presentation for Educators) This presentation addresses the many myths commonly associated with gifted students.
Supplemental article: Musings: Gifted children and the gift of friendship
- Counseling Gifted Students Considering Early College (PDF Presentation for Educators) Topics covered in this presentation include characteristics, gauging academic readiness, gauging social and emotional readiness, common pitfalls, research and more.
Supplemental PDFs: Early College Guidebook For Parents, For Students
Supplemental PDF: A Nation Deceived: How Schools Hold Back America's Brightest Students
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development - Gifted Overview (PDF)
This presentation takes a look at the history of and the programs offered by the Davidson Institute for Talent Development, as well as information on identifying gifted students, characteristics, underachievement, perfectionism, peer relations and much more.
Supplemental article: Tips for Parents: Finding a Mentor for your Gifted Child
Supplemental PDF from Moving Past Perfect - Pages 9-10
- Motivation and the Gifted Child (PDF Presentation for Educators) Topics covered in this presentation include extrinsic vs. intrinsic motivation, characteristics that effect motivation, perfectionism, underachievement and tips on how to shift motivation.
Supplemental article: Strategies For Enhancing Motivation
Supplemental PDF from A Love for Learning - Page 34
Supplemental PDF from A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children - Page 148
Supplemental PDF from When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All the Answers - Page 109, Pages 185-186
- Raising a Gifted Child (PDF Presentation for Parents)
Topics covered in this presentation include asynchrony, intensities, perfectionism, peer relations and underachievement.
Supplemental article: Tips for Parents: Parenting for High Achievement and Avoiding Underachievement
Supplemental PDFs from Living with Intensity - Page 10-11, Pages 269-270
- Successful Advocacy for Gifted Students (PDF Presentation for Parents)
Topics covered in this presentation include planning and preparation, policies and procedures, individualized accommodations, holding an effective school meeting and more.
Supplemental article: Four Simple Steps to Self-Advocacy
Supplemental PDF from When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All the Answers - Page 165-166
Back to the Educators Guild home page.
Email this Page