Davidson Fellows - How to Apply
The 2015 application deadline has passed. 2016 information will be posted soon.
Step One: Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow, applicants must:
- Be 18 or younger as of Oct. 1, 2015.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U. S. military duty.
- There is no minimum age for eligibility.
- The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study. This scholarship is not geared toward students at the novice level. See specific Category Requirements below.
Davidson Fellows must be available to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception and other recognition events to be held in September in Washington, D.C. (Travel expenses and lodging will be provided by the Institute.)
Step Two: Review Category Requirements and Project Criteria
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. Significant work is an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society. Such work may be:
- an exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge
- a new idea with high impact
- an innovative solution with broad-range implications
- an important advancement that can be replicated and built upon
- an interdisciplinary discovery
- a prodigious performance
- another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment
Step Three: Complete Application
2016 Application information coming soon!
Step Four: Application Submission & Deadline
Step Five: Review Process and Notification
- Please submit the initial portion of the application as soon as possible. Your information and project description will be reviewed to ensure eligibility, and you will receive an email with next steps.
- In the initial portion of the application, you will list the name and email address of each individual you have asked to complete a nominating form. An automatic email will be sent to your nominators with the Nominating Form link. When the Nominating Form is completed and returned to the Davidson Fellows program, an email will be sent to the nominator and applicant.
- SAMPLE Nominating Form
- After the project is deemed eligible for consideration, an automatic email will be sent to your parent(s) with the Parent Form link. When the Parent Form is completed and returned to the Davidson Fellows program, a notification email will be sent to both you and your parent(s).
- Each submission is examined for completeness and accuracy. Qualified entries are then sorted by category and evaluated by an independent team of judges comprised of professionals with expertise in related domain areas. The team of judges may, at their sole discretion, consult with additional experts to assist in evaluating the merits of each submission.
- The independent team of judges will identify which applicants will be named Davidson Fellows and decide whether they will receive a $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 scholarship.
- Judges' Project Selection Scale (PDF)
- All applicants are notified on or before July 15 each year.
Read the Rules and Regulations. If you have any questions, please email DavidsonFellows@DavidsonGifted.org.
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship Program does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity or disability.
Email this Page