The 2013 Application Deadline has passed.
To be eligible for consideration as a Davidson Fellow, applicants must:
- Be 18 or younger as of September 29, 2013.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U. S. military duty.
- There is no minimum age for eligibility.
- The Davidson Institute is looking for students whose projects are at, or close to, the college graduate level with a depth of knowledge in their particular area of study. This scholarship is not geared toward students at the novice level. See Project Criteria.
Davidson Fellows must be available to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception and other recognition events to be held in September 2013 in Washington, D.C. (Travel expenses and lodging will be provided by the Institute.)
2013 Category Requirements (PDFs)
STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
Humanities - Literature, Music, Philosophy
Outside the Box
SAMPLE Nominating Form
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of significant work. Significant work is an accomplishment that experts in the field recognize as meaningful and has the potential to make a positive contribution to society. Such work may be:
Judges' Project Selection Scale (PDF)
- an exceptionally creative application of existing knowledge
- a new idea with high impact
- an innovative solution with broad-range implications
- an important advancement that can be replicated and built upon
- an interdisciplinary discovery
- a prodigious performance
- another demonstration of extraordinary accomplishment
Read the Rules and Regulations
The selection of Davidson Fellows is strictly based upon the above criteria. The Davidson Institute does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity or physical disability.
All applicants are notified on or before July 15 each year.
Return to the Top of the PageBack to Davidson Fellows Home