Davidson THINK Summer Institute - How to Apply
The 2016 application is open November 9, 2015–April 1, 2016. Course placement is first-come, first-served so we recommend completing the application early to reserve your top choices.
Step One: Obtain Supporting Materials
As part of the Online Application System, you will need to provide the following:
Step Two: Submit Online Application
- Copy of SAT or ACT test score report uploaded as a PDF file
- Résumé – Using a résumé format, list your schooling history, extracurricular activities, special study projects and/or activities in which you have been involved in during the past two years. The activities may be school, community or personal pursuits. Please identity your role in each activity.
- Essay – In a narrative format, no longer than two double-spaced pages, introduce yourself and share why you are interested in the courses you have selected for the THINK Summer Institute. Describe what you hope to gain from the experience and what value you would add to the environment at THINK. Address any experience you have had staying organized and focused in an intense learning atmosphere and how you plan to meet this challenge at THINK. You may also include a discussion of your background, interests (academic and non-academic) and any other aspects of your life that reflect why you are a strong candidate for the program.
- If applicable, copy of course pre-requisite requirements for preferred courses.
Access our Online Application System to complete the application.
If you have already applied for a Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System, you may use the same login information to apply for THINK.
Note: If you are logged into the Online Application System and there is no new information submitted within a 60 minute timeframe, then your session will time out and you will receive a server error. Your information may not be saved. The system saves information when you click on the top arrow buttons. If you have not clicked on the top arrow button, it will not save the information you have input on that specific screen. If you receive a server error, then you will need to close out of the system and log back in.
Click here for FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System.
Step Three: Pay Application Fee
- Nominating Form for First-Time Applicants – One Nominating Form is required for each new applicant. Applicants must provide the name and email address for the individual asked to complete the Nominating Form. This must be an educator in the subject of math, science, or English. We request this individual have direct experience with the applicant within the past 12 months. Nominators should be individuals who can speak to the applicant’s abilities and aptitude for an intense residential college experience. Family members may not serve as nominators. Once the online application has been submitted, an automatic email will be sent to your nominator with a link to the Nominator Form. When the form has been submitted, a notification of receipt will be emailed to the Nominator, the applicant and the parent primary contact listed on the application.
- Parent Permission Form(s) – We require digital signatures from all persons sharing legal custody of the applicant. Applicants must provide contact information for all persons who share legal custody, regardless of any “physical custody” arrangements, and designate a primary contact for the Davidson Institute. Once the online application has been submitted, each person listed as having legal custody will be sent an automatic email with a link to the Parent Form.
Step Four: Ensure Forms are Complete
- After submitting the online application, you will be directed to submit a $55 application fee at the DITD Online Store.
- Nominator and Parent Forms are automatically sent after you submit the online application. Ensure that these forms are submitted by nominator and parent(s). Applications are not considered complete until all forms have been submitted.
Step Five: Review Process and Notification
The Davidson THINK Summer Institute does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
- The review committee evaluates applications on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified.
- Decision notifications will be sent via email within one month of application completion.
- Once admitted into the program, student will be sent additional information regarding next steps and participant materials.
Email this Page