Davidson THINK Summer Institute - How to Apply
The 2014 THINK Summer Institute application deadline has passed. Step One: Eligibility
In order to be eligible an applicant must:
Step Two: Complete Application
- be 13–16 years of age during THINK (July 12 to Aug. 2, 2014)
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident living in the United States
- commit to being a full-time student from July 12 to Aug. 2, 2014, which does not allow absences
- receive one positive nomination as specified in the application
- meet or exceed the designated minimum score of 1130 on the SAT* (excludes writing section on new SAT) or 26 on the ACT
- PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE STARTING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION: Download and review the Davidson THINK Summer Institute Application Checklist and Procedures.
Access our Online Application System to complete the application. If you have already applied for a Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System, you may use the same login information to apply for the Davidson THINK Summer Institute.
As part of the Online Application System, you will need to provide the following:
- Copy of qualifying SAT and/or ACT test score reports uploaded as PDF files.
- If applicable, copy of course pre-requisite requirements for preferred courses.
- For new students only – Contact information from an educator in the subject area of math, science or English. This person will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation.
Note: If you are logged into the Online Application System and there is no new information submitted within a 60 minute timeframe, then your session will time out and you will receive a server error. Your information may not be saved. The system saves information when you click on the top arrow buttons. If you have not clicked on the top arrow button, it will not save the information you have input on that specific screen. If you receive a server error, then you will need to close out of the system and log back in.Step Three: Application Submission & Deadline
Click here for FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System.
Step Four: Review Process and Notification
- Applicants will receive an automated email immediately after submitting an application, as well as when the nominator completes the nominating form and when all parents/guardians complete the parent form(s).
- The application deadline is April 30, 2014.
The Davidson THINK Summer Institute does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
- Applications are complete once all Nominator and Parent Forms have been submitted.
- The review committee evaluates applications on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified.
- Decision notifications will be sent via email within one month of application completion.
- Once accepted into the program, students will be sent additional information regarding next steps and participant materials.
Email this Page