Davidson Young Scholars - How to Apply
Step One: Eligibility
To be eligible for the Davidson Young Scholars program, applicants must:
Step Two: Complete Application
- Be 5 to 16 years old at the time of application;
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States;
- Reside in the United States or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty (services to U.S. military families overseas may be limited); and
- Meet or exceed the minimum Qualification Criteria.
- Download and review the Young Scholars Application Checklist (PDF).
- Access our Online Application System to complete the application. If you have already applied for a Davidson Institute program using the Online Application System, you may use the same login information to apply for the Davidson Young Scholars program.
As part of the Online Application System, you will need to provide:
- Two of the following three items as evidence of extreme intellectual abilities (see Qualification Criteria for more information) must be uploaded as PDF files:
- Complete copies of qualifying IQ test
- Complete copies of qualifying individually administered achievement test or talent search/college placement test
- A portfolio of work samples
- Contact information from someone outside of the family who did not administer testing. This person will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation.
Please note: The Davidson Institute is unable to advise parents as to whether or not their child’s scores will qualify them for the Young Scholars program outside of the context of a complete application. Potential applicants are encouraged to compare their scores to those listed on our Qualification Criteria page, keeping in mind that applicants must meet or exceed the criteria in two out of the three options listed.Step Three: Application Submission & Deadline
Note: If you are logged into the Online Application System and there is no new information submitted within a 60 minute timeframe, then your session will time out and you will receive a server error. Your information may not be saved. The system saves information when you click on the top arrow buttons. If you have not clicked on the top arrow button, it will not save the information you have input on that specific screen. If you receive a server error, then you will need to close out of the system and log back in. Therefore, we recommend typing and saving your responses to open-ended questions in another program before pasting the text into the Online Application System.
Click here for FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System.
Step Four: Review Process & Notification
- Parents will receive an automated email immediately after submitting an application, as well as when the nominator completes his/her nominating form.
- The application deadline is the 1st of every month.
- Complete applications received by the 1st of each month will be sent to review.
- Young Scholar applications are reviewed on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified, if more information is needed, or if the Young Scholars Program is not a good fit at that time.
- Upon review of the application, additional testing or information may be requested in order to determine the applicant’s eligibility.
- Decision notifications will be sent via email at the end of the same month in which the application is reviewed.
The Davidson Young Scholars Program does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
"We feel very fortunate to be part of the Davidson program, and will always be grateful for all the wonderful support we have received. Your work is simply priceless!”
- Davidson Young Scholar Parent
Email this Page