Davidson Young Scholars - How to Apply
Step One: Eligibility
To be eligible for the Davidson Young Scholars program, applicants must:
Step Two: Complete Application
- Be 5 to 16 years old at the time of application;
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States;
- Reside in the United States or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty (services to U.S. military families overseas may be limited); and
- Meet or exceed the minimum Qualification Criteria.
- Download and review the Young Scholars Application Checklist (PDF).
- Access our new Online Application System to complete the application.
As part of the Online Application System, you will need to provide:
- Two of the following three items as evidence of extreme intellectual abilities (see Qualification Criteria for more information) must be uploaded as PDF files:
- Complete copies of qualifying IQ test
- Complete copies of qualifying individually administered achievement test or talent search/college placement test
- A portfolio of work samples
- Contact information from someone outside of the family who did not administer testing. This person will be prompted to complete a Nominator Form that serves as a letter of recommendation.
Click here for FAQs about the Davidson Institute’s Online Application System.Step Three: Application Submission & Deadline
Step Four: Review Process & Notification
- Parents will receive an automated email immediately after submitting an application, as well as when the nominator completes his/her nominating form.
- The application deadline is the 1st of every month.
- Complete applications received by the 1st of each month will be sent to review.
- Young Scholar applications are reviewed on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified, if more information is needed, or if the Young Scholars Program is not a good fit at that time.
- Upon review of the application, additional testing or information may be requested in order to determine the applicant’s eligibility.
- Decision notifications will be sent via email at the end of the same month in which the application is reviewed.
The Davidson Young Scholars Program does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability.
"We feel very fortunate to be part of the Davidson program, and will always be grateful for all the wonderful support we have received. Your work is simply priceless!”
- Davidson Young Scholar Parent
Email this Page