REACH Summer Seminar: How to Apply
The 2021 summer application will open Monday, February 1, 2021 and closes Friday, April 9, 2021. * Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and course placement is first-come, first-served, so we recommend applying early.
Step 1: Review Essential Information
- Read the eligibility requirements, including the essential functions of a REACH student, with your Young Scholar
- Review program fees for information on all program costs and timeline for payments
Step 2: Prepare Application Materials
In order to complete the online application, students will need to be prepared to answer the following short essay questions in their own words. Students are encouraged to type their responses in a word document prior to applying. Essays can be copied and pasted in the text boxes within the application. There is no option to upload a document. Short essays should be in paragraph format. For each essay question, we are looking for thorough responses to assess a student’s readiness for REACH.
- Why do you want to attend REACH? Please share a little about yourself and why you chose to apply to REACH. What do you hope to gain from the experience? (minimum of 1 to 2 full paragraphs)
- Which seminar are you most interested in and why? Please share which seminar you have ranked #1 and why you are interested in the topic. (minimum of 1 to 2 full paragraphs)
- Please describe why you are ready for an academic 10-day residential summer program; which includes living with roommates, three hours of classroom instruction, two hours of lab/project work, and up to two hours of homework each day. (minimum of 1 to 2 full paragraphs)
Step 3: Submit Online Application
- Access the online application in CampInTouch (The 2021 application window has closed. The link will be made available here when the application is open.)
- Complete all required sections:
- Student Information
- Parent Responses
- Student Responses
- Agreement and Payment Policy
Step 4: Review Process and Notifications
The review committee evaluates applications on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified. Decision notifications will be sent via email within two weeks of the application submission. Once admitted into the program, additional information regarding next steps will be emailed.
Step 5: Deposit
If your Young Scholar(s) was accepted to REACH, we are delaying the deposit payment until Monday, April 5, 2021 due to the unique circumstances of this year. After receiving an acceptance email, your Young Scholar’s place in the program will be reserved, but no financial commitment will be required until the deposit is due in April. No payments will be accepted until late March (exact date TBA).
If you choose to not complete the deposit payment by April 5th, we will offer the space to the next person on the waitlist. Once all initial placements have been verified by April 5, waitlisted applicants will be notified of any vacant spaces in the program as they become available.
* 2020 enrolled participants who did not get to attend because of the COVID-19 cancelation have received special application instructions via email with an earlier application date than posted. If you had a 2020 enrolled participant and have not received your email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Davidson REACH Summer Seminar does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, or disability. The Davidson REACH Summer Seminar strongly recommends keeping a copy of your application materials for your records, as all applications and uploaded documents become property of the Davidson REACH Summer Seminar and will not be returned.