Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the Davidson Fellows scholarship?
- Be 18 or younger as of the application deadline to be eligible.
- Be a U.S. citizen residing in the United States, or a Permanent Resident of the United States residing in the United States, or be stationed overseas due to active U.S. military duty.
- Have completed a significant piece of work in one of the submission categories.
- Be able to demonstrate that the work is his or her own creation.
- Be able to attend, with at least one parent or guardian, the awards reception. (Note: Travel and lodging expenses will be paid by the Davidson Institute.)
What is required to apply for a Davidson Fellows scholarship?
Each category has different requirements. Every applicant must submit the required elements outlined within their category of choice, plus two nominator forms and all of the Attachments. Applicants and their parents also must sign a statement of commitment that, if named a Davidson Fellow, the applicant and a parent or guardian will attend the award reception in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Do you have additional questions?
The Davidson Fellows are success stories - they're students who have resourcefully found ways to nurture their genius by seeking out mentors, relying on strong family support and working diligently to achieve their goals."