REACH Summer Seminar: Eligibility
Qualification Criteria for REACH
To be eligible to apply to REACH, students must be:
- a Davidson Young Scholar*
- 11 to 13 years of age during the program dates
- Meet all the essential functions of a REACH students as listed below:
- Be away from and out of contact with family members for 6 days (5 nights) of the program
- Share a room with one or two other participants and reside in a community living environment
- Participate in three to four hours of classroom instruction and lab/project-based lessons each day
- Follow instruction and direction from staff and instructors
- Study independently during allocated homework time and complete all assignments
- Be without access to electronic devices that have the ability to connect to the internet and/or voice and text capabilities
- Ask for help if a problem or concern arises
- Operate independently under supportive supervision with regard to self-care (hygiene, meal selection, emotional regulation, etc.)
Please review the eligibility requirements and discuss with your student before applying. If you feel your child may have difficulty with any of the essential functions listed, please contact us so we can help determine if this program is a good fit for your family at this time.
*Currently applying to the Young Scholar program? Contact us to learn more about application options for REACH.