STARS Summer Camp: Eligibility
Summer STARS Participants must be:
- a Davidson Young Scholar
- 8 to 11 years of age during the program dates
- Meet the essential functions of a STARS camper as listed below.
A STARS camper will need to be able to:
- Be away from and out of contact with family members for the duration of the program
- Share a room with one or two other participants and reside in a community living environment
- Fall asleep without difficulty or with minimal support (use of nightlights, music, etc.)
- Function within a schedule that only allows up to 9 hours of sleep per night
- Follow direction from adults other than parents or familiar caregivers
- Be without access to electronic devices that have the ability to connect to the internet and/or voice and text capabilities
- Ask for help if a problem or concern arises
- Operate independently under supportive supervision with regard to self-care (hygiene, meal selection, emotional regulation, etc.)
Please consider these eligibility requirements and discuss with your child before applying. If you feel you or your child may have difficulty with any of the essential functions listed, please contact us so we can help determine if this program is a good fit for your family at this time.