THINK Summer Institute: Eligibility and Testing
- be 13 to 16 years of age during the program dates
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident living in the United States
- Submit a SAT or ACT score (PSAT scores do not qualify). See Tips for Applying for more info on materials.
- Receive one positive nomination as specified in the application
- Commit to being a full-time student during the program, which does not allow absences
Due to the intense nature of the program, Davidson THINK Summer Institute is limited to a select number of students. Applicants must demonstrate both exceptional ability and the potential to benefit from the course offerings, as well as the social and emotional maturity and organization skills to thrive in this three-week residential environment.
Applicants will be asked to submit an SAT or ACT score report (in PDF format). A minimum score is not required because applications are reviewed as a whole to evaluate student readiness. Additional application elements can be found on the Tips for Applying page. Age of the student at the time of testing is also taken into consideration. We do not accept PSAT scores at this time. The essay portion of the SAT is not required.