THINK Summer Institute: How to Apply
How to Apply
The 2021 summer application is open from Monday, January 4, 2021 and closes Friday, April 9, 2021.* Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and course placement is first-come, first-served, so we recommend applying early.
Step 1: Review Essential Pages
- Read the Eligibility page to ensure you meet the criteria
- Be sure to view the Tips for Applying page before beginning your application
- Review Tuition and Fees page for information on all program costs and timeline for payments
- Check out the Application section of the FAQs
Step 2: Prepare Application Materials
In order to complete the online application, you’ll need to be prepared to upload the following materials:
- Copy of SAT or ACT test score report**
- Prerequisite documentation (only if your first-choice course(s) require a prerequisite)
- Name and email address of an educator who will complete the Recommender Form
Step 3: Submit Online Application
Access the online application
(The 2021 application window has closed. The link will be made available here when the application is open.)
- If you already have an account from a previous Davidson Academy or Davidson Institute application, you should log in with those credentials. If you are creating your first application with Davidson, you will need to create a user account first.
- Complete all required sections:
- How did you find us?
- Davidson Program Experience
- Parent Agreement(s)
- School Information
- Course Selection
- Test Scores
- Upload Application Materials
- Application Fee (you will be directed to PayPal to submit a nonrefundable $50 application fee. The option to pay with a credit card is also available)
- Signature Page
Step 4: Review Process
Recommender and Parent Agreement Forms are automatically emailed when you complete and submit these sections in the application. Ensure that these forms are received and submitted by your recommender and parent(s). Applications are not considered complete until we have received all forms and the application fee payment. Only complete applications are reviewed for acceptance and course placement.
Step 5: Notification
The review committee evaluates applications on an individual basis to determine if an applicant is qualified. Decision notifications will be sent via email within one month of application completion. Once admitted into the program, additional information regarding next steps will be emailed directly to the student.