The Davidson Institute has partnered with Northwestern University’s Center for Talent Development (CTD) to offer the opportunity to take an official practice SAT powered by Khan Academy. Scores from this administration can be used to apply to any Davidson Institute program, including THINK.
Test Administration Dates (register here):
- October 1, 2022 (Saturday) 8:00 AM Pacific
- November 5, 2022 (Saturday) 8:00 AM Pacific
- be 13 to 16 years of age during the program dates
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident living in the United States
- Submit a SAT or ACT score report*
Due to the ongoing pandemic and the closing of the Duke Talent Identification Program, the process for some students taking the ACT or SAT has changed. If your student is unable to register for the ACT or SAT, please contact as we may be able to accept alternative testing options on a trial basis this application cycle.
- Receive one positive nomination as specified in the application
- Commit to being a full-time student during the program, which does not allow absences
* Test score reports are waived for students enrolled in the Young Scholars program and the Davidson Academy.
* A minimum score is not given because applications are reviewed as a whole to evaluate student readiness. Age of the student at the time of testing is also taken into consideration. The essay portion of the SAT is not required.
Due to the intense nature of the program, Davidson THINK Summer Institute is limited to a select number of students. Applicants must demonstrate both exceptional ability and the potential to benefit from the course offerings, as well as the social and emotional maturity and organization skills to thrive in this three-week residential environment. A typical THINK student is working one to two grade levels above in one or more subjects and scores around the 95th percentile in academic testing. They show motivation, social and emotional maturity, and overall readiness for an accelerated educational environment.