Explore: Eligibility and Testing
Qualification Criteria for Explore
- be 9 to 13 years of age before the start of the academic year
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident living in the United States, or a resident of Canada
- Davidson Young Scholars do not need to submit any qualifying test scores. Non-Young Scholar applicants must submit a qualifying test score. Accepted assessments include school district norm-referenced, group-administered achievement and IQ tests; or individually-administered achievement or IQ test as listed on the Young Scholars Eligibility and Testing page; or a letter from a local school stating that the applicant has been admitted to the gifted program with the criteria for admission.
- Davidson Young Scholars do not need to submit a recommendation. Non-Young Scholar applicants must submit one positive recommendation from an educator, preferably in the subject for which the student is applying.
- All Young Scholars will be invited to the assessment process. Our admissions team will review all non-Young Scholar applications. Qualified applicants will be invited for assessment. The application fee is non-refundable even if a student is not invited to the assessment phase.
See also: How to Apply to Explore; Explore Tuition & Fees